How to study Offside Stats
Offsides are an interesting market to predict because several aspects needs to be analyzed.
- League Style: Certain leagues have higher number of Offside calls because there's a culture of offensive play. This is often observed in lower leagues where plays can be more disorganized.
- Offensive Tactics: A team's offensive play style can affect the number of offsides. Teams that rely on Long-Balls, Through balls, and beating the defensive line are more susceptible to offside calls compared to teams that cross or build slow attacks.
- Forward Play Style: Some players are born offside! Filippo Inzaghi is famous for constantly attempting to beat the defensive line. Having a Striker like him in the team would surely increase their offside tally. Be careful when they're injured or rested - their replacement striker may not do the same thing.
- Defensive Tactics: A team's defensive tactics often dictate how many Match Offsides they end up with. For example a team that often uses Offside Trap tactics are likely to have more match offsides than those who do not.
- Intensity of Play: Teams with more end-to-end action ends with more offsides, compared to teams that like to build attacks slowly.