How to Analyse Over 2.5 Stats
Over 2.5 Markets can be highly profitable, consistent and fun. Whilst many will trust their gut in hope of a quick return, we prefer to listen to stats. Here's some quick tips on how to make the most of the data on FootyStats, using this game in Holland as an example.
- Average Match Goals: This is the amount of goals in games involving both of these sides, across the full season. In this example, the average is 3.64, giving an early suggestion that there’s likely to be goals in this game.
- Over 2.5 Goals %: This is the ratio of games involving these two sides that has seen more than two goals scored. In this case, 70% of games have seen more than two goals scored. This stat is represented in percentage.
- Recent Scoring Trends: A team may have scored 3.00 goals on average at home this season but if they have not scored a single goal in the last five games, then you should be skeptical of that game.
- Goals Scored/Conceded: Easily see the average amount of goals that a side has scored or conceded, both home and away. This is a vital stat when doing research for Over/Under 2.5 markets. It quickly shows me that despite an average season, Dordrecht has still managed to score 1.83 goals at home per game.
- BTTS & Clean Sheets: Using our H2H pages, you can easily see how many times BTTS has happened for a certain team that season. In this case, 72% of home games for Dordrecht have seen both sides score.
- Past Fixtures: Even if all of the above points towards a commanding victory, you should still check the last few fixtures between two sides. Teams regularly encounter bogey teams and browsing the H2H history can give you a good overview of the type of games these two sides usually produce.